Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Fast Cheese Scones

Because the oven was on full blast anyway, while waiting for the bread to be ready to go in, I quickly put together some cheese scones. Result: next time I'll double the doses!
They were very very good and so easy to make...

I used:

200 grams of flour
2 teaspoons of yeast
50 grams of vegetable spread (butter will do fine as well)
150 ml of water
Salt
Grated Parmesan
1/2 a spoon of Cayenne pepper

I mixed the flour, yeast, salt, cheese and Cayenne pepper in a bowl. I added the vegetable spread and mixed until I got a breadcrumb-like consistency. Then I added the water and kneaded until the dough was soft.

With the rolling pin, I made it become 2-3 centimeters thick and then cut it in 4 parts. I placed the pieces on baking paper and cooked in the oven for 15 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. When I took them out, they were high and golden... oh, and delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment