Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sweet and Sour Sauce

Yesterday I was home all day, I was busy with my only hobby: being a housewife. So I spent the day cleaning, re-arranging stuff and sewing. When the two "boys" came home, I realized I had nothing ready. So there came to the rescue my little hand-written recipe collection.
Sweet and sour sauce: easy peasy and in need of very little ingredients:

120 grams of tomato sauce
300 grams of water
240 grams of vinegar
150 grams of sugar (brown sugar is better)

Place all the ingredients in a small pot, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and let it cook for 10-15 minutes. It won't stick, it won't burn.



In another pan, prepare your stir-fry: it can be chicken, pork, beef or vegetables, depending on your tastes and fridge contents.

I used chicken breast because is my son's favorite. Then I cooked the noodles.

Once the noodles were ready, I drained them and placed them in the plates, topped with the chicken and then the sauce.

Yummy and so, so easy to make. And, believe me, the ready-packed sauce doesn't come close to the taste of a home made sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment