Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Crazy Cook !

It was the Easter weekend, and I went mental in the kitchen. I loved every single moment of it! Especially the one when my son, seated at the table, will say :"I like it! Mamma will you make it again?"

That is the best compliment I can receive. It makes my heart melt into butter :)

Many of the plans we had for the long weekend went out the window, as usual, and again, the good thing was being together and having fun.

During the weekend I cooked quite a lot, I really enjoyed the noises in the house, the guests coming and going, the dog waiting by the kitchen press for something to fall off my hands...

I had found during the past week, a recipe for roasted chickpeas. I really like chickpeas, they taste like childhood and they never fail to fill you up!
The recipe called for a Moroccan Spice mix, which I did not have at hand and had no intention to look for in the shops. So I just used what I had:

Ingredients:

2 cups of cooked Chickpeas (boiled with some salt and garlic)
Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon of Curry Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
1/2 teaspoon of Cumin Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Ginger Powder
Salt to taste

I cooked the chickpeas, after soaking them overnight, with just a bit of salt and a clove of garlic. Then I drained them and pat them dry with a kitchen towel. I placed them in a roasting dish and heated the oven to 120 degrees Celsius.

Over the chickpeas I poured a bit of olive oil to make them sticky, I sprinkled all the spices and the the salt and mixed them well, to make sure all the chickpeas were coated.

I threw the dish in the oven and let them roast for about 30 minutes, always checking they were not getting too hard.

Here are the chickpeas once out of the oven:

They were very nice, a different snack for our Easter table. Highly recommended as they keep for a few days and are so good eaten cold :)

No comments:

Post a Comment