Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Yummy Meatballs

Before last week, to me, meatballs were something you find in a meatballs pasta sauce. The most exotic thing you could do with them, is cook them in a little water and oil and dress them with lemon juice.
But thanks to the amazing world of food blogging, I came across a recipe for savory meatballs, using a complicated sauce to garnish them and obviously was something I could not recreate because it called for too much time and and too many ingredients.


My recipe is simple and effective. All our guests on Sunday loved it :)


Ingredients:


Minced Meat, Pangrattato (Italian style breadcrumbs, easily recreated by putting a blender in regular breadcrumbs) and some Parsley and Salt to taste. I will not give any measurements because it all depends on your taste.


Put the meatballs together and cook them in a non stick pan with a bit of water, salt and olive oil. While they are cooking, blend this yummy sauce:


2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
1 Teaspoon of Ginger powder
2 Garlic cloves, halved
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil


Once the meatballs are ready, pour the sauce over them and let them sit for a few minutes before serving. I tend to remove the garlic from the sauce because my husband would otherwise complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment